Position: Software Support Manager
Type: Full Time job
Posted on: Mar 08, 2021
- Handle a team of direct reports within Support department.
- Work with escalated situations from phone calls to ticket follow-up.
- Share on call duties with the Engineering Manager for escalation point company coverage.
- Conduct timecard duties for Support staff.
- Engage in RFP responses and meetings for new business.
- Receive activities and tasks from Engineering Manager.
- Manage metrics for support team areas along with Engineering Manager.
- Conduct annual employee write-ups and reviews for direct reports.
- Deliver and drive new processes within Support Department.
- Communicate with business partners and associates at all levels.
- Create and manage documentation of team procedures and processes.
- Understand and align customers requirements with various compliances.
- Minimum 6 years experience of working in the IT support industry with minimum 2 years experience as a Software Support lead.
- Ability to interact and communicate with senior leadership at all levels – having excellent Communication Skills Verbal/ Written in both English and Nepali.
- Ability to manage customer escalations and field engagements
- Team Management skills – People Management skills & delegation.
- Problem-solving skills – ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
- Experience in providing services to agreed SLA’s and OLA’s.
- Familiarity with the web ecosystem from DNS management, Hosting (Cloud/Physical Servers), Databases, Troubleshooting.
- Experience with various monitoring tools, along with tools for proper tickets management.
- Experience in establishing network environment by designing system configuration, directing system installation and defining, documenting and enforcing system standards.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or similar.
- ITIL certifications will be a huge plus.